Texas Grapefruit Sunrise Smoothie...Featuring the Waring Pro Blender

Confession: I've somehow managed to destroy two different blenders since starting in 2010. It’s not my fault…really. The poor blenders just couldn’t take the wear and tear from frequent recipe development and our weekend smoothie demands. I was about to give up…until I started using a Waring Pro blender a couple of months ago. Finally, a blender that can keep up with me! Waring blenders have stood the test of time. They’re the first blender introduced in the United States, and they’ve been featured in American kitchens for 75 years! Maybe your grandmother or mother had a Waring blender in their kitchen. They are definitely a workhorse. Their longevity should tell you something about their quality and dedication to providing excellent products. Waring recently sent me a gorgeous red metallic Waring Pro blender to test out in my kitchen, and I absolutely 
LOVE it!!

Featuring 550 watts of power, this amazing blender crushes ice like a champ. That means it’s perfect for making smoothies and frozen drinks. I’ve yet to find even a pebble of ice in any drink that I’ve made. My favorite feature of the Waring Pro is that the blades are located inside the all-in-one glass container. That means no having to take the container apart to clean…and no messy leaks. I also like that it has a simple toggle switch to turn it on and off. No complicated settings…just flip the switch and it does its thing! After use, I simply give the container a quick rinse with soapy water and place it back on the base. Easy peasy. I used my Waring Pro to make a fabulous citrus-based smoothie for my TexaSweet menu this weekend. The Texas Grapefruit Sunriser  Smoothie is ready in a snap, and it tastes great. Its sweetness comes solely from fruit and a touch of honey. So, you can feel good about making it part of a healthy breakfast or brunch. This recipe makes enough for two large - or four small --  smoothies.

Texas Grapefruit Sunriser Smoothie
Recipe from TexaSweet Citrus Marketing
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice (can use half fresh-squeezed orange juice if you like)
  • 8 strawberries, chopped and frozen
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
  • 8 ounces strawberry banana yogurt
  • 2 tbs. honey
  • 1 cup crushed ice 
Directions:
Add the ingredients to a blender in the order shown. Blend on high speed until the ice is completely chopped. Pour into chilled glasses and serve.
That’s it…how simple is that?!?!? This smoothie is a fantastic way to start any morning! It’s tart from the grapefruit and strawberries, lightly sweet from the banana and honey, and creamy from the  yogurt. It’s substantial to enjoy on its own for an on-the-go breakfast, but it makes a great started for a leisurely weekend brunch. Not only that…the pink color is absolutely GORGEOUS! The Waring Pro blender quickly pulverized the ice, and the smoothie was perfectly creamy. Morning win for me!

Disclosure: Waring provided me a Waring Pro to facilitate this feature. I received no further compensation, and all opinions expressed are solely mine.

1 Response to "Texas Grapefruit Sunrise Smoothie...Featuring the Waring Pro Blender"

  1. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! https://www.bchealthinfo.com/guide

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel