The Kitchen | Diy Remodel | Novel Opened Upwards Shelving & Beadboard Backsplash


This is the "Before" of our kitchen.
That is Mr. Darcy knocking over his bowl to asking a refill...
I believe the previous owners had this kitchen done early-90's.  It is non terrible, but non real lite together with it is missing the utilitarian experience that I similar kitchens to have.

At merely about holler for inwards the close (1-2 years) future, nosotros conception to add together an add-on onto the menage that volition triple the size of the kitchen together with include a cozy hearth room.  For the meantime, nosotros planned a DIY (budget-friendly!) remodel to freshen upward the space.

DIY Backsplash together with Open Shelving Update :

-Remove Upper Cabinets from the Left side ($0)
-Add Pine Wainscoting Back Splash ($60)
-Add Open Shelving ($100)

Total Cost = $160.00

Other Projects (we've already completed, together with volition last sharing this week...) :

-Counter Tops
-Light Fixtures
-New Appliances
-Revive Wood Floor

I'll last posting the residual of the "Progress" together with "After" photos throughout the twenty-four hours together with over the adjacent pair of days... so, remain tuned!


 Here is the Before of the Upper Cabinets.



And the After.  Much lighter together with brighter, right?

Our outset measuring was to take the upper cabinets on the left side of the kitchen together with to take the night tile.  We decided to continue the upper cabinets on the correct side thence nosotros would receive got merely about covered storage.  They are visually blocked yesteryear the refrigerator, thence removing them wouldn't receive got actually opened upward the infinite anymore. 


Now all of the tile has been removed.  Ick. 


Here, my Dad together with Mike install the enterprise woods paneling that goes from the counter overstep to the ceiling.


They used structure adhesive on the dorsum together with goal nails to secure it.


Voila.  There is a business office of me that wanted to continue the rustic, raw knotty pine.  Someday I'll receive got cozy cabin together with I'll produce the entire affair inwards this paneling!

Installing paneling was a non bad alternative because :

#1 - We didn't receive got to repair the walls from the tile or cabinets.
#2 - It was exclusively $60 worth of paneling.
#3 - The projection to this holler for took my Dad together with Mike virtually 4 hours.
#4 - It gave the entire room a "fresh together with new" experience for $60 inwards 4 hours.


Before priming together with painting, I filled all of the holes alongside woods filler...


Then sanded.  Doesn't my manicure hold off lovely?


I painted it to gibe our cut back : Benjamin Moore Navajo White inwards Satin



Here is the "After" photograph of the paneling alongside the shelves installed.  I didn't receive got photos of the shelving installation... because... well, they went upward thence fast, I painted them together with thence they were finished earlier I knew it!  Sorry.

We got the birds nib brackets from Home Depot for virtually $10 each.  The shelves themselves are 1x12x8 pino boards alongside 1 x ii 1/2 cut back pieces on the perimeter.  Mike secured iii of 4 of the brackets into studs thence the shelves are real sturdy.

I yet haven't decided on an official display of my things on the shelves, but I'm working on it - in all probability an entire post service inwards itself. 

As you lot tin see, nosotros also replaced the lite fixtures - rootage links hither : https://cafedelitesme.blogspot.com//search?q=house-tour-work-in-progress-progressing

Next up, the counter tops!

UPDATE : Here is the link to the completed kitchen!

3 Responses to "The Kitchen | Diy Remodel | Novel Opened Upwards Shelving & Beadboard Backsplash"

  1. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Best anti fatigue mat for back pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Italian kitchen cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taj Mahal Quartzite, Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel