December Mode Foodie Contributor Program: Texas Holiday Food Traditions

Check out Texas Holiday Food Traditions
by Wendy Wofford-Garcia at Mode

For this month's Foodie Contributor Program, I'm sharing a roundup of Texas Holiday Food Traditions. I'm a native Texan, and there are definitely specific foods that we have to have for our holiday celebrations. When I meet food bloggers who live in other parts of the country, I love to learn about their region or culture's special foods...because food traditions are a big part of what makes each region of our country unique! Food has a strong emotional pull. Certain foods evoke memories of special family dishes and time spent together celebrating. Here in Texas, we have some very specific dishes that we eat when we celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. 

To learn more about these foods -- including cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving, tamales for Christmas, and good luck black-eyed peas for the New Year -- simply click on the slideshow above. I'd also love to hear about the traditional holiday foods from your region or country. Please leave me a Comment below telling me what foods are a must at your family's holiday table!

Disclosure: Mode Foodie compensated me for this article. As always, all opinions expressed are solely my own.

1 Response to "December Mode Foodie Contributor Program: Texas Holiday Food Traditions"

  1. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. romantic cafe in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel