Finishing An Unfinished Kids Tabular Array & Chairs


This by Christmas, Santa brought Emma a laid of tables together with chairs.  I'm hence glad he picked this detail laid because I'd been searching all over for a children's tabular array that would experience correct inward our novel house.

I am non a big fan of manufacturing flora finished article of furniture together with it seems the Children's Furniture manufacture is filled amongst it.  I recollect looking for Emma's plant nursery article of furniture together with feeling similar every plant nursery inward America looks precisely the same together with it is an slowly hole to become sucked into.  I had held out on purchasing a pre-finished (options existence white or pinkish paint... or espresso brown...) to gibe out for something that felt former - but wasn't a rickety antique.  I'd hoped to respect a venture wood, existent farmhouse looking tabular array that was scaled downwards for kiddos.


Santa did a dandy job!  However, I intend Santa ran out of fourth dimension during the real busy together with hectic Christmas flavor together with didn't become a complete position on the table. Or possibly Santa knows how detail I tin hold upward together with knew I'd desire to guide the stain/paint color myself?

Emma loved it precisely every bit it was (as this was the agency the elves made it) together with was real reluctant for me to modify it inward whatever way.  After a picayune coaxing together with promising she could help, nosotros position on a Natural Walnut stain together with a Satin Polyurethane finish.

I flora the exact tabular array together with chairs Santa brought us.  They are almost one-half the cost of the finished versions available at Pottery Barn, etc., but y'all produce convey to complete yourself.  It took Emma together with I nearly 1 hr to stain, together with hence I position iii spray layers of polyurethane over the course of written report of 24 hours.  It was real picayune hands-on time.


This is the tabular array post-stain.  Before I stained it, I did a low-cal sanding amongst fine sand paper.

I brushed it on amongst a bristle brush together with wiped it downwards to take excess.



Spray Polyurethane (satin) is a must for whatever article of furniture that has turned legs or spindles.  Such a fourth dimension saver together with a much to a greater extent than fifty-fifty finish.  I recommend iii coats amongst a dyad of hours drying fourth dimension inward between.

Minwax Satin Poly
Old Masters Natural Walnut

These are the chairs mid-stain, pre-spray.


Now the tabular array is all finished together with lives betwixt the hearth room together with the kitchen.   You tin encounter it is almost the real same note every bit the big dining table.   It appears lighter inward the photo, but they are almost the exact color, giving the room dandy balance.


Emma eats her breakfast here, watches TV, colors, paints, does play-doh together with puzzles, all correct here.  


The extra chairs convey flora homes throughout the menage - this 1 Emma uses every bit a step-stool inward the pulverization room.


This 1 is tucked nether the counter for her to job when we're baking.  Instead of an eye-sore, the chairs add together a picayune combat of charm wherever they are.  They piece of work dandy every bit a step-stool for me, likewise : )


For me utilitarian beauty is all nearly making every unmarried corner of your menage functional together with atheistically pleasing.  


So, simply because this is the kids table, doesn't hateful it can't hold upward every bit charming together with amount of grapheme every bit the relaxation of the house, right?


Emma's already laid several tea political party tables here.  I can't hold back to laid it for holidays - I tin already envision the Thanksgiving newspaper turkey (or carbohydrate cookie?!) placecards : )

1 Response to "Finishing An Unfinished Kids Tabular Array & Chairs"

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. flip chair review

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel