House Update | Calendar Week 25 | Cabinets & Marble For My Birthday


Last calendar week was a big calendar week - mayhap the most fun yet.  It was my birthday, which seems less exciting every year, but this twelvemonth it was peculiarly great.  I took the twenty-four hours off as well as treated myself to looking through slabs of marble for the kitchen, as well as so I got to run into the cabinetry come upwards together.  (Insert huge Yay!!!!)  Mike fixed dinner (Shrimp Scampi, my favorite) as well as Emma decorated a real pinkish cake alongside candy decorations.  We spent the nighttime at home, "bre-laxing," listening to music as well as playing games alongside Emma.  It was the best twenty-four hours - so total of warm honey as well as blessings.  There are a duad of photos at the terminate of the post, generally for me, so I retrieve the combination of wonderful, supertastic (Emma's word) on this special twenty-four hours :)

I requested no presents this year.  I experience similar nosotros are spending so much on so much correct now... I'm starting to experience the pinch.   I've been having major anxiety almost a real expensive (still pending...) faucet decision, so I "donated" all birthday allocated coin (dinner out, gifts, etc.) to the faucet fund.  I nonetheless haven't made a decision, but I similar that if I exercise splurge I know it volition take away maintain been a sacrifice of something else... right?  Anyway, alongside cabinet photos to hold upwards discussed, I know you lot aren't interested inward hearing almost my faucet anxiety... On to the cabinets!


Here they are!  I take away maintain lots of photos (shocking...), but I wanted to walk you lot to a greater extent than or less the infinite so you lot could larn a experience for it.  To the correct is the dorsum yard alongside the french doors leading out.  


The isle volition take away maintain a forest exceed as well as the surrounding (on the walls) cabinets volition take away maintain marble tops. The cabinets volition hold upwards painted a creamy white yesteryear our painter... inward almost a month.  You tin run into the mudroom through the doorway.


I'm thinking a forest beadboard backsplash, merely similar nosotros had inward our erstwhile kitchen, also painted creamy white.


This is the hutch where nosotros volition proceed linens, flatware (in the drawers) as well as the dishes as well as spectacles inward the top... basically anything for setting the table.  It is real closed to the dishwasher, so hopefully it volition arrive slow to load/unload.


The isle is ix feet long as well as xl inches deep.  I wanted it tot take away maintain the experience of a erstwhile tabular array (hence the forest top) so I made it a picayune to a greater extent than shallow than deep.  It needed to hold upwards real long because it houses the dishwasher, trash, microwave as well as 30" farmhouse sink + some drawers.  I was worried it would hold upwards besides long, but I intend it worked out great.


This side of cabinetry is what I'm calling my "Baking Counter" but it is where I volition sit down as well as operate during the day.  There is a nook for a stool as well as a charging drawer for my laptop.  We'll proceed the java maker as well as mixer inward the opened upwards component subdivision of the hutch on the counter as well as my cake stands on display above.   Dangerous for me to hold upwards working so closed to the java car all day!   I'll take away maintain my flour as well as saccharide canisters lined upwards nether the window.  Can you lot believe that I'll hold upwards photographing saccharide cookie decorating hither inward merely a duad of months?!  I cannot.


Here's the sentiment from behind the island.


And the sentiment looking dorsum to the front end of the household into the erstwhile living room.  That is all of the bring down materials that volition hold upwards installed this calendar week as well as next.


Looking into the expanse where the dining tabular array volition hold upwards as well as Mike's library/office through those doors.


This is the sentiment from Mike's library/office doors.  One big opened upwards space.  Yay!


Here is the parcel of marble we'll hold upwards selecting from.  It is a creamy white alongside greyness as well as chocolate-brown veining - it cracking alongside our creamy pigment color.  We'll operate to a greater extent than or less that dark patch on the bottom.  It was difficult remembering that we'll entirely run into 24" deep pieces of it - a expert affair to retrieve when looking.

I almost went crazy on the marble... at that topographic point was some other option, ane that was twice equally much.  I loved it earlier I knew.  After a duad of days of debate, I decided that they were soooo close.  Too closed to pass twice equally much.  I merely couldn't exercise it.  Now that the determination is made, I am so glad that this is the ane I picked.  I intend (I hope!) it was the correct decision.


Here is an upclose shot of the greyness as well as chocolate-brown together - I honey how the specs of chocolate-brown warm it up, which volition await perfect alongside our brass hardware as well as almost ivory paint.


Can't hold back to run into this installed!  We are also using it on our primary bath vanity.  It is an almost perfect check to the tile we're using to a greater extent than or less the tub as well as inward the shower.



This is how I prepped everything for the tile setter... inward Emma's room.  You powerfulness retrieve from the Tile post, that nosotros saved a parcel yesteryear getting the tile from Home Depot.


I picked out the creamier to a greater extent than warm pieces of marble for the tub expanse as well as volition purpose the to a greater extent than greyness for Emma's bath floor.  It was harder than I idea to pick out a slab of marble that would coordinate alongside the tile - beingness natural, at that topographic point are so many variations of the same affair out there... peculiarly inward the slab vs. tile world.  The tiles were all a picayune different, so I ordered extra as well as separated them into similar piles so nosotros wouldn't terminate upwards alongside besides much color variation inward the same space.



Back to the tour!  Here is a await into the mud room, as well as hither is the dutch door that volition larn into it!  I LOVE this.  I am thinking of ikon it a soft black... what exercise you lot think?  I also computer program on giving it a porcelain knob. Make that two, straightaway that I'm looking at it - 2 knobs!   There goes component subdivision of my faucet fund...

These are the mudroom cabinets - the pantry on the left, as well as so my component subdivision homebase on the right.  I'll exercise all of my photos hither because of the perfect lite inward this room.  That window is recycled from the erstwhile dorsum wall of the household inward the erstwhile kitchen.  It gives so much light!


It volition hold upwards so dainty to take away maintain all of my operate stuff inward a dissimilar spot so it doesn't take away maintain to alive inward the kitchen, equally it usually does.  I'm looking for a cozy chair to larn hither - my big reckoner volition larn here, where the long hours of working on the website/uploading novel products volition happen.

Ok, heading upstairs....



Obsessed alongside this hall linen cupboard.  It was a terminal infinitesimal improver the cabinetry as well as I'm so glad nosotros did.  It volition accept our upstairs landing from real patently as well as criterion to charming.  You tin run into into the fourth sleeping room on the left as well as Emma's bath on the right.



Walking into our bedroom.  Bathroom on the right, closets to the left.



Bed volition larn against this wall.  I intend we'll take away maintain a writing desk nether the window to the correct of the bed.  That volition take away maintain to hold upwards a hunt postal service move-in.


French door closets... those wires are jam switches, so the lite volition plough on alongside the door opens as well as hold upwards off when closed.  Apparently I take away maintain a occupation alongside turning lights off, so Mike is excited almost this.



Into the bath from our room/bed.



Bathroom vanity - also marble exceed inward here.  I actually exercise honey that it is floating betwixt 2 windows.  It helps it experience airy as well as spacious inward here.  You tin retrieve all of the planning as well as designing that went into achieving it... here, inward illustration you lot forgot or are new.



Tile inward hither is happening today so I can't hold back to larn as well as run into it correct afterwards I'm finished writing.


Our erstwhile bedroom.  Such pretty novel windows as well as light.

And, merely for my memories...









5 Responses to "House Update | Calendar Week 25 | Cabinets & Marble For My Birthday"

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. galway maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Sofa upholstery repair cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invite you to the page where you can read with interesting information on similar topics. immobilienmakler emsland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Fliesenleger in Pinneberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! contractors for bathroom remodel lewisville

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel