This Week's Carte | Stocking The Freezer

Along alongside the residuum of world, this forenoon I am dorsum to reality.  We had the best suspension alongside all iii of us dwelling identify final week.  We had snow, nosotros sledded, built a snowman, made homemade pasta, made a fancy NYE dinner, lounged, watched movies, as well as took downwards our tree as well as Holiday decor.  

Surprisingly, I was really reluctant to remove hold downwards our tree as well as decorations.  Since this was our maiden of all Christmas inwards the novel identify it seemed equally if everything was leading upwards to it, the maiden of all Christmas.  When it was all over, at that topographic point was a since of - what now?  I had grown accustomed to as well as comforted past times all of the warm, rich colors that I don't unremarkably covert that I was afraid it would experience besides barren when nosotros took it all away.  

But later the maiden of all of the twelvemonth at that topographic point was a shift, that familiar itch to de-clutter, freshen as well as simplify.  In the final brace of days nosotros took on major projects similar organizing the basement, rearranging the garage, as well as decluttering every toy cupboard as well as the playroom.  It feels as well as thus skilful to remove hold everything fresh as well as to practice some empty spaces i time again.  

One of the things I also did over the suspension was spotter some cooking TV shows.  I hardly ever remove hold fourth dimension to spotter them anymore (maybe only because at that topographic point aren't whatsoever novel Barefoot Contessa's to spotter - except the vacation special, which was fantastic, right?).  I got completely inspired past times a Pioneer Woman exhibit nearly stocking the freezer.

Our typical routine is to become to the shop every afternoon as well as brand dinner.  Now that wintertime has officially railroad train in, daily errands aren't equally fun.  When Emma was a infant as well as nosotros lived inwards Concord, I was as well as thus skilful nearly keeping a stocked pantry as well as freezer as well as thus I could ever brand dinner without taking her out into the cold.  I remove hold to a greater extent than function responsibilities now, as well as thus our fourth dimension is increasingly valuable... speaking of, I'm commencement to interview for an assistant today!  Here is the craigslist post, if you lot know anyone that would hold out great!

This calendar week I'm going to remove hold a page from my erstwhile mass (and the Pioneer Woman's) as well as larn our freezer cleaned out as well as restocked.  My game conception is to brand a double batch - i for that night's dinner as well as i for the freezer.



Meatballs : I ever remove hold homemade meatballs inwards my freezer.  I brand them alongside to a greater extent than full general seasoning (only parsley vs. Italian herbs) as well as thus that they tin hold out used inwards multiple ways.  They are notwithstanding slap-up alongside marinara (for pasta or sandwiches), but tin also hold out cooked inwards a cream sauce alongside mushrooms for over mashed potatoes, or crumbled inwards a veg soup. 



Here is the recipe for the version inwards the photo, but I'll hold out making a simpler classic version alongside my leftover bolognese. 


Scones :  A weekend staple approximately here!  I'm thinking of some novel versions, too.


Cookies :  We ever similar to remove hold a diverseness of cookie dough balls inwards the freezer... who doesn't demand fresh baked cookies ever only 8-10 minutes away?  I'm thinking Chocolate Chip, PB as well as Snicker-doodle.

Store Update:  Valentine's products are on at that topographic point way!  I am planning to postal service the novel collection on Thursday, January 14th : )   It has been prissy to remove hold a brace weeks off from the shop buzz later a fun as well as crazy vacation season, but I am actually excited nearly some novel ideas for this year's valentine's twenty-four hours products.

Hope your novel twelvemonth is off to a slap-up start!  I actually practice dearest to start fresh inwards the novel year.  I remove hold lots of dwelling identify organizing to percentage alongside you lot including our kitchen drawers, my office/mudroom as well as our linen closets.  Am I the alone i that looks frontwards to these mutual depression temperature months?  I am as well as thus glad for some much needed fourth dimension to tedious downwards as well as practice some projects at home.  What are you lot all planning?

1 Response to "This Week's Carte | Stocking The Freezer"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel