My Personal Brown Bag Challenge: Featuring Creamy Veggie-Ranch Chicken Wraps

Brown bagging it. Whether you have kiddos in school or take your lunch to work to save a few bucks, we all do it from time to time. It doesn’t have to be a sacrifice, though. By letting your creativity flow, you’ll be the envy of the lunchroom! I recently gave myself a Brown Bag Challenge: create a healthy and delicious lunch that appeals to everyone from kids to adults. To me, that means three components: a tasty sandwich, crispy chips and a healthy sweet ending. Wait until you see the menu that I came up with! My Creamy Veggie-Ranch Chicken Wrap combines healthy chicken breast, cheese, select veggies, creamy avocado, ranch and chive spreadable cream cheese...all wrapped up in a La Tortilla Factory wrap.
La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Soft Wrap Minis are a recent kitchen discovery of mine. They can be used to make yummy breakfast tacos or sandwiches, and they come in a wide variety of flavors. My personal favorite for sandwich making is the White Whole Wheat wrap, which has only 50 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and a whopping 6 grams of healthy fiber. All it takes is a few healthy, flavorful ingredients and a quick roll...and you’ve got a sandwich that rivals anything you can pick up via takeout! The recipe I'm sharing is very versatile, so sub in your favorite spread, cheese or veggies to create your own personal brown bag masterpiece.

Creamy Veggie-Ranch Chicken Wraps
a Weekend Gourmet Original
Ingredients for each sandwich:
  • 1 La Tortilla Factory Fiesta wrap
  • 1-2 tbs. Philadelphia chive cream cheese
  • 1 slice co-jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced chicken breast
  • 1/4 small avocado, sliced or mashed
  • 3 thin slices tomato, cut in half
  • 3 thin slices seedless cucumber
  • 1 tbs. ranch dressing
Directions:
Step 1: Spread the wrap with the cream cheese and top with the co-jack cheese. I found it easiest to cut the cheese in half and lay it down just left of the center of the wrap. You want to create an even surface.
Step 2: Top the cheese with the tomato, cucumber and avocado, arranging as shown. Finally, add the chicken pieces and drizzle with the ranch dressing. Tightly roll the sandwich into a cylinder and wrap with plastic wrap. 

Hint:Refrigerating overnight  in the plastic wrap allows it to firm up and keep its wrap shape without falling apart!
This yummy wrap sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and the extra fiber kept me full all afternoon long. As a bonus, kids will never suspect that this tasty wrap is packed with so many good-for-you ingredients! To keep the healthy and delicious  theme going, I needed some sides to partner with my sandwich. Enter Food Should Taste Good chips. This line of healthier chips are made with all sorts of fun flavors, including Kimchi and Chocolate tortilla chips. For this brown bag lunch, I opted for the Fall-themed Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. Each 12-chip serving contains 6 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. Even better? They taste amazing...with a touch of sweetness to add to the earthiness of the corn.
Finally, I opted for a fun and healthy sweet ending for my meal: Crispy Fruit snacks from Crispy Green. These yummy freeze-dried fruit snacks are crunchy and naturally sweet. They're created using a process where water is removed from fresh fruit in a freezing vacuum condition, leaving behind the essence of the fruit in a crispy texture.  Crispy Fruit comes in seven fun flavors and averages just 40 calories per bag. My favorite flavors include banana and cantaloupe, as well as the tangerine featured here. As you can see in the picture above, individual segments of tangerines retain their shape. Unlike hard fruit chips, these snacks are lightly crispy and are bursting with true fruit flavor! These addictive fruit snacks are a fun and healthy addition to my brown bag lunch menu. Crispy Green can be ordered online or found at stores nationwide.

Disclosure: I was provided samples of La Tortilla Factory Wraps, Food Should Taste Good Chips and Crispy Fruit to facilitate this post. I received no further compensation, and all opinions expressed are my own.

3 Responses to "My Personal Brown Bag Challenge: Featuring Creamy Veggie-Ranch Chicken Wraps"

  1. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! Bookbags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. Backpacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Backpack

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel