Back to School #SundaySupper...Featuring Speedy Spicy Shrimp Pasta

The calendar is about to flip to September, so that means that many of my readers are in back-to-school mode right now. There are no non-feline kiddos at Casa Garcia, but fall is my busiest time of year at work. The last thing I want to do after a hectic, stressful day in the office is come home and whip up a complicated, time-consuming dinner. For me, quick and delicious are the main weeknight considerations. Takeout and pizza delivery are ok on occasion for those REALLY crazy nights, but I always prefer a healthy home-cooked meal. 

The theme for this week's #Sunday Supper is Back to School Meals. Our hostess Nicole from The Daily Dish Recipes encouraged us to share family-friendly meals that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less. To me, nothing is faster to prepare than seafood or pasta...so I combined the two to make Spicy Speedy Shrimp Pasta. If you have little ones or you don't like your food spicy, simply reduce or eliminate the red pepper flakes. The pasta will still be delicious...just a little more tame! This dish was inspired by a recipe I saw in Better Homes & Gardens awhile back. I made quite a few changes to suit our tastebuds, though. I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen and pantry...other than the shrimp. For this dish, bite-sized med-large shrimp are best...and buying EZ peel will make the prep work go even faster.

Speedy Spicy Shrimp Pasta
inspired by Better Homes & Gardens

Step 1: Cook 8 ounces of angel hair pasta in well salted water. NOTE: I like to use Barilla Pasta Plus for its extra fiber and other healthy ingredients. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add 1/3 cup slivered red onion, two grated cloves of garlic, and 1 or 2 generous pinches red pepper flakes. Once the veggies are softened, add 1 lb. shrimp and cook until pink.


Step 2: When the shrimp are cooked, add the following ingredients to the skillet: 2 tbs. butter, 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, the juice and zest of one Meyer lemon, two sliced green onions, and salt & black pepper to taste.


Step 3: Stir to combine and cook until the butter melts and combines into the lemon juice and olive oil to create a sauce. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan. Toss thoroughly to evenly coat all of the pasta with the flavorful sauce. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly...I had to add a bit more salt at the end for our taste. Use tongs to serve in individual bowls.


This quick pasta dish is really delicious...a little lemony, a little spicy, and all good! I especially loved the slightly sweet tang of the sun-dried tomatoes. Some time-saving things to keep in mind to make this dish come together lickety-split: while the water comes up to a boil, peel the shrimp. While the pasta cooks, chop the rest of the ingredients. Then, the actual cooking of the shrimp mixture and tossing with the cooked pasta takes less than 10 minutes! I served this dish with baked focaccia from the grocery bakery and a simple green salad. 

I hope you'll join the #SundaySupper gang tonight at 600 CST for a live Twiter chat to share back-to-school cooking ideas! In the meantime, make sure to check out all the fabulous and fast meals that my fellow #SundaySupper participants are sharing today:





2 Responses to "Back to School #SundaySupper...Featuring Speedy Spicy Shrimp Pasta"

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. waec expo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. 2021 nabteb questions and answers,

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel