Parmesan Mushroom Orzo



I got a free sample of an orzo pasta a while back that was pretty tasty. It got me thinking that I really needed to add an orzo dish to my collection. It is such a fun little pasta with its rice-like shape and texture. I was craving mushrooms so I turned my recipe for mushroom risotto, into a delicious cheesy mushroom orzo dish. It was beautiful and creamy and my family loved it. It’s fairly straightforward to make and could be eaten as either a main course or a side dish.


Ingredients


1 TB. olive oil 

8 oz. mushrooms, sliced

1/2 onion, diced

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 cup orzo pasta

2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

2 TB. butter



Instructions


1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and onions and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan and set aside.


2.  Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add in the orzo and toast until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.  Pour in the chicken broth and stir in salt. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low, cooking until orzo is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.


3. Stir in butter and parmesan and butter until melted. Add in mushrooms and onions and serve hot.  Add more salt to taste.



1 Response to "Parmesan Mushroom Orzo"

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.. Mushroom dowels

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel